Tuesday, January 06, 2015

A Little Night Music

Like most people, I often listen to music while I write. Not only is music wonderfully inspiring, it's a great way to bolster one's energy. If my attention wanders, I can usually rely on a playlist to help me find a scene again.

Yesterday, I wrote about characters and wardrobe choices (shoes, specifically). Today I'm thinking music. When you read, do you ever imagine what sorts of music a character listens to? I think what's fun is stumbling across a song that makes you think of a character. It can serve as a soundtrack to illustrate their inner motivation, which is something that movies do all the time.

For those who read A Chance for Moonlight once it's available Saturday on Amazon, I'd love to hear who your favorite character was, and an artist or style of music you think they'd connect to!

No comments:

Post a Comment